Saturday 2 July 2016

DON'T YOU JUST LOVE NEW BEGINNINGS?

Hey everyone! Over the past couple of months I've been arguing with myself whether or not I should start up a blog. Now that it's summer (even though the weather is absolutely dreadful outside) I thought why not give it a go.
 
Originally I never quite knew what my blog was going to be about as I read such a wide range of them; travel, food, fashion, you name it, I've probably read it. Therefore I decided that my blog isn't going to focus primarily on one specific theme but rather a combination of many. Recently I've gotten extremely interested in photography so I'm pre-warning you that you'll more than likely see a lot of photographs on here (I don't think I ever leave my house without my phone or camera). My blog is also going to be about events and lifestyle posts about my everyday life and the occasional exciting thing that happens.
 
Even though summer has only started for the majority of you, mine started well over a month ago after my first year exams at University ended. Since then so much has happened in my life which is one of the reasons why I've began blogging. For instance I went on a well-overdue break to Spain at the beginning of June, it was kind of like a stress-relief week that I needed after my exams, but I can talk about my trip in another blog post. However on this point, another thing you must know about me is that I absolutely love travelling and visiting new places. I have another trip organised for the very end of this month and another next year which I'm extremely excited about.
 
This summer I've decided to have a more positive outlook on everything and upload more photographs as previously I've only ever uploaded the occasional snap to Instagram. I want to make way more memories so I can look back at them in years to come and reminisce.
 
 
 
So today my friend and I visited one of my favourite areas of Belfast. This tiny cobbled Cathedral Quarter street is one of the city's most historic entries and I absolutely love it. Not only is it packed with character and Irish charm, it's also aesthetically pleasing. We even squeezed in a few snaps before a large crowd of tourists appeared. I'm so used to being behind the camera rather than in front of it so it was a new experience for me. I must admit I was slightly nervous and the ever-changing weather didn't help - thank god we had umbrellas - but I think they've turned out quite well. The photograph I took of my friend completely caught the feeling I was going for, which didn't happen so well in all of my photos... everyone has their off days. Afterwards we enjoyed a delicious lunch at Yard Bird (their chicken and barbecue sauce is amazing) which is one of my favourite places to eat out at in this part of the city. Honestly if you're ever in Belfast, definitely go and explore this area, you won't be disappointed!
 
 
 

 

 
 






FEATURING: Shirt - Hollister, Jacket - Pull & Bear, Watch - Urban Outfitters, Jeans - H&M, Boots - H&M  


I know I've rambled on a bit and probably uploaded far too many photographs but it was a great day. I would also like to say how excited I am for the rest of my summer, just being able to relax with family and catch up with friends I haven't seen as much while at University. Hopefully good things are on the horizon. Fingers crossed!
 
Have you made any plans for the summer yet? Jetting off anywhere sunny? Let me know! Don't be afraid to comment below or follow me on here or Instagram.
 
Thanks for reading, love you all.
Robert.   





No comments:

Post a Comment